I want to thank the BEA Bloggers Conference Advisory Board for our meeting last week. It was
highly productive and we finished 5 minutes early!! Here are a few items worth sharing with
everyone from that meeting:
- There will be a Call for Papers opening Early December and run up until January 15th It will be announced on the BEA website and through the BEAN and all of BEA's social media outlets. People will be able to submit conference suggestions from a link on the BEA Book Bloggers page.
- The BEA Bloggers Conference will Incorporate tracks into this year’s programming
- Ideas included genre based, level of blogging, blogging interests
- Plan for more Networking Opportunities among bloggers either through a sponsored Cocktail Reception or an hour of free time either during lunch or as a coffee break
- We made a number of mistakes with the blogger registration process in 2012. The new process will be simplified, clear and transparent.
- Bloggers will be able to register for BEA AND the conference for one low price.
- Any bloggers wanting to attend just BEA and not the BBC will have a discounted special rate.
- Bloggers wanting to register for a free media pass can do so, but will be subject to similar criteria as all working press
BEA Bloggers Conference Advisory Board:
- Danielle Smith -http://www.theresabook.com/ - Children's
- Pam van Hylckama bookalicio.us/ - Book news and reviews the latest and greatest
- Jane Litte - http://dearauthor.com - Romance
- Mandy Boles - WellReadWife.com - General - Everything from YA to Literary Fiction
- Marybeth Whalen - www.shereads.org Debut novelists and those writers who are not receiving the attention they deserve
- David Lee King, http://www.davidleeking.com/ - Librarian Blogger